PMS Science Olympiad
Welcome to the PMS Science Olympiad 2023-24 Season! We are excited to get started.
The Science Olympiad program is coordinated by parent volunteers Lana Pattinson and Dr. Kristine Cochran, and PMS teachers Mr. Sablosky and Ms. Benson.
PMS SCIENCE OLYMPIAD REGISTRATION PACKET
Step 1: Complete the Student Interest Form
Returning students and Coach’s kids ONLY: Registration is open NOW until September 20th
New students: Registration is open September 21st – September 29th.
- -Please ensure you consult the Coaching Schedule – no point in signing up for a challenge that your child can’t attend.
- -Registration closes at midnight on Sept 29th.
- -If new students register early, it will be deleted, and you will have to re-submit.
- -Challenge selection is first come, first serve. You may not be selected for every challenge you request.
- -Build challenges are our most popular. They are limited to one per student (pending availability).
- -We are limiting the team to 50 students this year
Step 2: Download, Print & Sign remaining registration documents.
Step 3: Return signed forms BY OCTOBER 6th.
Return to Ms. Benson (in person or via email) – email@example.com
Step 4: Payment due by OCTOBER 6th. No refunds will be given, sorry.
- -There is a fee of $150 to participate in Science Olympiad for the 2023-2024 season.
- -Fee includes t-shirts plus some challenge materials.
- -If the fee places a financial hardship on the family, financial assistance is available. Please contact your school counselor; all inquiries are confidential.
Payment options are:
CHECK: Made payable to Pleasantville Friends of Stem – send to Ms. Benson with your signed papers please
VENMO: @PleasantvilleFriendsofSTEM – Comment “PMS SO – Child’s name”
Step 5: Join the SciOly group on Schoology
If you need more info, Dr. Marra’s weekly email has Schoology signup info: https://www.smore.com/d5vua
Step 6: Challenge meetings begin on Saturday, October 1st.
Please consult the Coaching schedule (above)